We could of course decide to stay inside our warm and comfortable house. But so far we have never regretted a hike or trip, so off we went. These days one can buy clothes that really make us cope with most kind of weather. Layers of wool is the smartest way of dressing. And a hard shell jacket and pants.
As we arrived at the skiing area, we noticed that there were few cars. I opened the door, and understood why.
The wind was horrible. I felt the air as cold as ice.
Should we just go home? No..having come that far, we should to try.
The skiing tracks were more or less swept away by the wind and filled with snow. An elder man passed us in a hurry, his face was red of frost, he just shook his head and hurried back to the cars.
Oh well. After 15 minutes we decided that it was too risky to move on. After all, it was a usual Sunday afternoon, and nothing we HAD to do.
This ski-lift was closed today.
I think it looked very nice, somehow like the pretty things we put up for Christmas!
On our way back to the village, I noticed a group of swans swimming on the lake. They were so beautiful! These swans are wild, and they leave as soon as they notice people. I got a few shots before they swam away with their honk-honk-honk.
After all, it was a short, but interesting trip! :-)

At least you got a 'fresh nose". Dutch expression for getting outside. We have news of the European cold snap on the media here. I can only imagine how cold Norway is, brrr! Nice swans. The ones we see in the Netherlands are wild too but totally used to humans, just like the ones in Anderson's wonderful story that swim in the moat.
ReplyDeleteI think your sunday was really nice. Sometimes the unexpected goes beyond the schedule, bringing something special.... that happened with your beautiful capture of those swans and perhaps if the ski-lift had not been closed, you wouldn't have shared with us that magic guirland ... beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI also think that your Sunday was well spent.
ReplyDeleteThe photos are spectacular Amalie.
Magical comes to mind.
However I do not think I could have stayed in that extremely cold climate myself, for very long.
Just getting out, even in the bitter cold, has some value to it. We've had an unseasonably warm winter here, and yesterday was sunny and about 5 degrees C. Very pleasant ...
ReplyDeleteIt's not much fun walking in a cold wind.
ReplyDeleteThis is exactly how I felt about the trip, Belita. You read me well!
ReplyDeleteThank you for such nice words to my images, Milli. Most appreciated!
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, it's strange how we can adapt to the climate where we live. I admire ppl in the past, living in mountain caves, honestly it doesn't seem possible, but it was. Most ppl nowadays think the climate is tough, but accept it. And a few never get used to it.
Exactly my point, Kennedy! Always something interesting to experience. ..And yes, I know you're not too fond of cold winter!
ReplyDeleteThe wind makes the air so much colder! So maybe just a short trip :-)
ReplyDeleteI like how the lines and dots floating around freely in the first shot.
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Amalie
Thank you, Sophie! It was the first time I noticed the beauty of a ski-lift :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ... I'd have loved to've joined you! But then I guess, in the only way possible, I now did! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's not that cold here yet, but it sure looks beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I'm motivated by nice pictures I can be very courageous... but I'm rather sensitive to the cold... :)
ReplyDeleteI like your pictures and especially the pattern of the stones not completely covered by snow in front of the lake.
Looks like an absolute wonderful day, though a bit cold for me.........a repost from February, you testing Belita's instructions? So should I , actually.
ReplyDeleteThis was posted before belita's instruction. I wanted the Multiply blogs somewhere else!
DeleteLovely photos Amalie! The cold has sure settled in, in your nick of the world, you were very brave to venture outdoors in the first place. Cold temperatures can be bearable when there is no wind, but a strong and cold wind makes it very different.
ReplyDeletelovely photos
ReplyDeleteI am almost shivering from the cold :)