I am painting this day blue ~~Jeg vil male dagen blå.
It's a Danish song and in Denmark they call it
Regnvejrsdag i november ~~Rainy Day in November
I've been singing it over and over again the last days, and also listening to it. I find the melody very appealing..and the lyrics truly inspiring!
I simply had to write a good old blog, like we used to do before. Searching for the right images made time run tonight!
Danish and Norwegian are more or less the same language, though the pronounciation is a bit different. Anyway, there is an English translation so you will easily understand :-)
Rainy Day in November
I am painting this day blue
With a stripe of golden sun
Choosing brightness, not the shadow
Nudge myself on with decision
Trust in all things, even fortune
I am painting this day blue.
Yellow I will paint this day
Like a butterfly the sun
On my hands is softly perching
Every rainy day is ending
"May" is what my diary's saying
Yellow I will paint this day.
I am painting this day red
With the glow of the last rose
I am going to pick mushrooms
Dandelions, stinging nettles
Living in this present moment
I am painting this day red.
I am painting this day green
A deep, soothing bottle green
In their sticks I'm placing candles
Not a thought of weight gain, wrinkles
Hoping that my mirror's cheating
I am painting this day green.
I am painting this day white
Thinking of these times of wolves
I'm going to buy spring flowers
For my final twenty Kroner
Listen to tunes of Vivaldi
I am painting this day white.
Thinking of these times of wolves
I'm going to buy spring flowers
For my final twenty Kroner
Listen to tunes of Vivaldi
I am painting this day white.
I am painting this day bright
Crossing out and ticking in
Heaps of items on my checklist
At eleven forty seven
November went on the clothes line
I am painting this day bright.
Below is the video..just listen and watch!






Oh, Amalie, love each and every colour of the paintings.... what a beautiful palette Nature has!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so very much for sharing this wonderful post.
Wonderful that you too found this inspiring! Yes, nature is amazing! ..and so are some artists!
DeleteBeautiful..video and photos...the song is soothing! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :-)
Deletei am sitting here speechless with tears in my eyes....absorbing this amazing photographs and the song...well ...the song..i will be back to listen to endless times....thank you for sharing !
ReplyDeleteWhat is more important here than when we can touch each other and hopefully add something positve? So glad this reached your heart, Goofy! :-)
Deletenice video to ;listen to even without the knowlege of Danish. It is a catchy song!! uch stunningly beautiful photos - so beautiful I have no desire to choose one as a favourite - really inspired work Amalie!! Simple and flowing like the days!!
ReplyDelete:-)
DeleteI think we are on our best when we post blogs etc about themes that really matter to us. This song is is in a way simple, but there is also much wisdom in it. That's why it can be used on many "levels". Kids like it in their concrete way. Adult people are touched by its mood and profound words.
I'm in love... with the song, the words and the photos! Amalie, may I share your post with this lovely song. I do believe everyone should know it :)
ReplyDeleteaww..how nice, this made me smile!
Deleteyes, of course you can share it, tint!
Thank you :)
DeleteA beautiful song, and your photos are stunning ... you're liking that new camera, I see ...
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kennedy!
DeleteI enjoy my Nikon D3s very much, but there is so much ro learn. As you know, one thing leads to another, so now I would like to have a new lense as well. That has to wait though.
What a perfect song for life and for photographers, especially, as I believe we see things just a little differently than many others. :) Looks like I'm going to have to join Blogspot and try to keep up with some of my important friends.
ReplyDeleteKippy
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAmazing, Kippy!
DeleteSince you have been "away" from Multiply for a while now, I planned sending you a note..thought of it a couple of hours ago. I would ask about your plans for blogging, keeping in touch etc. Because I miss your presence! And when I came back..you were here with the answer before I had posted the question :-)
About the song: I love it. It's not about running away from problems and grey days actually, but looking for the bright sides which also are present, as I see it.
I agree with you, we see things differntly than a lot of people. A gift, I think :-)
It's ridiculous - I sit here crying. This song and the photos are so, so beautiful! They touch my heart!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for posting this :)
Not ridiculous at all, Riete! Thank you too..what more can wish for our posts..that they should touch someone's heart?!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAmalie this is absolutely a beautiful blog.
ReplyDeleteDid you take all of the photo's?
Beautiful all of them.
Your words are so very nice too. Love everything about this wonderful post.
You should publish this..
The video is great too.
thank you so much
Hi Sue! Yes, all the images are mine, and thank you for your encouraging words. About publishing..I plan to make a YouTube :-)
DeleteJeiks, Amalie, nu sidder jeg sorme her or tuder, du kunne nu have advaret mig. Elsker Pia Raug, men nu har jeg faaet helt forfaerdelig hjemve. *sniff* og de lover regn senere.
ReplyDeleteRigtig flot post, og gode billeder til at passe til den og virkelig godt oversat !!
Knus skat.
just found this link too..........
ReplyDeletehttp://folk.uib.no/mbloh/perler/regnvejrsdag/
wow...that link was fantastic! I've been listening to many of the videos and will surely bookmark it! thank you!
ReplyDeleteNu har jeg den melodi og sang i mit hovede i 2 dage. *suk*, den er altsaa god, men jeg er ved at blive vanvittig , gaar rundt og synger paa dansk.
DeleteJa, slik er det med meg også! Men teksten er jo inspirerende, og jeg elsker melodien!
DeleteWhat a wonderful blog Amalie! I love everything... your pictures are marvellous and that song really is moving! It gives me goosebumps!
ReplyDeleteThank you :-) I loved creating this post!
Delete