Saturday, 6 October 2012

Images and Words: Astrology

                                             
                                         ~Click on the image to enlarge it~


Aries (/ˈɛərz/ (meaning "ram") is the first astrological sign in the Zodiac. According to this, I'm an "Aries".
So what else could I do, Anders, than posting an image of these fantastic sheep above. They look wild and act like that,  but they belong to farmers. They live outside though, summers as winters. These are the same kind of sheep that were here 1000 years back, at the time of the Vikings-

A close-up of my favourite: 





Then a quote, because his name matches my Zodiac sign perfectly, and I find his words true: 
“Our rational minds can never understand what has happened, but our hearts.. if we can keep them open to God, will find their own intuitive way.” 
― Ram Dass



19 comments:

  1. Well done, Amalie. Indeed - terrific shots of your sign animal. Wonderful quote and info on the sign.
    Thanks for your entry in this weeks challenge.

    My Link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for your comment on mine.

      Delete
  2. Amalie, you never cease to make me feel amazed... Love your interpretation! It's really beuatiful!
    images-words-astrology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the quote ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful interpretation for this theme Amalie.
    I love your photos and yes that Ram is such an individual looking creature.
    A good zodiac sign to have as your own.
    http://mil-oneinamillion.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/images-words-week-179-astrology-your.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed when these sheep showed up in front of us. You can't imagine how fast they were running! And that ram is outstanding, just look at his horns and what about the fur!

      Delete
  5. You really have wonderful sheep in Norway. The real thing. Ours are more designer sheep. Love your photo and description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean,Pat. This group of sheep is outstanding! ..and a result of "survival of the fittest", not of manipulation of their genes done by people.

      Delete
    2. a result of "survival of the fittest", not of manipulation of their genes done by people.................I like that ! Much like our Nguni cattle........though I could not BS you...........LOL

      Delete
  6. Ah, you're an Aries ... well that probably explains a great deal about you, but I'm not sure what exactly, and to be honest, I'm too sheepish to ask ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* kennedy, you really have your own way with words :-) i doubt our zodiac signs tell much about our personality, that's why i didn't mention anything about it.

      Delete
  7. I love this Amalie and those sheep are surely special..............indeed an old breed.
    Love this quote too, wonderful words of Mr Ram *chuckle*.....fantastic entry indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to be a follower, have so much problems with those gadgets, it tells me :

    "We're sorry, the site owner has blocked you from joining this site.

    Sign in as a different user"

    Really ????? Must I now be an anonymous stalker *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got that message many times, it must be an error. I have surely not blocked you, but added you :-)

      Delete
    2. okay managed to do it via Reading List, gosh , so complicated, how to get from blogspot where I was and over there, but got you !!!

      Delete
  9. Amalie, I really enjoyed the detail of your post and how you captured the amazement of such a fine animal. It is amazing when we can see something so common and embrace the richness of how special it really is.

    Thank you for a delightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..and thank You for such a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete