Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Images and Words: A special gift



Christmas eve is still the most wonderful night of the year for me. We are a big family, celebrating together, enjoying each others company. Our two dogs behaved very well, Lady loves presents and was as curious are we were, I think. At last she found a perfect place, all by herself. I thought: Actually she is a present to us, but I doubt she has any idea of how prescious she is.



"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless
he has owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest
affection with a flick of his tail than a man can
gather through a lifetime of handshakes."
Gene Hill - The Dog Man

                                                                

17 comments:

  1. So true are your words about keeping a dog.
    They are the ultimate faithful friends to mankind.
    A truly beautiful photo Amalie and I am sure by now everyone has opened and shared all those wonderful gifts.
    Merry Christmas To You And Yours. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have had wonderful Christmas days! Wishing you the best as well!

      Delete
  2. Truly adorable photo. She sure has found the perfect place. The words are so true and wonderful.

    My entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo, I hope she found her present ok amongst all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Amalie, always such a pleasure to see how well you keep Christmas. I did a blog recently on dark aspects of religion, and mentioned that it seems to bring out either the very best or the very worst in people. YOU are a shining example of the very best.
    Much love from your pagan agnostic friend in the far West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always regarded you as an honest person, Ien. Thank you so much for your words above..

      Delete
  5. I believe ,Lady, she knows how much love she receive from you.

    Merry Christmas and wish you a warm lovely holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she senses how much she is loved..
      I hope you have had, and still have a merry Christmas too, Marcel.

      Delete
  6. Lady is a Lady so she knows well how to behave herself.... Love to see her surrounded by the Christmas presents... has she got a special treat on Xmas eve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she knows how to behave :-) and she got a couple of presents from her favourite, our youngest daughter. Bones, of course!

      Delete
  7. Christmas Eve is the best time of year! Beautiful colors of Christmas in your photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaaaaaaaaaawww, precious Lady, all worn out with all the festivities and has found her special place to hide. So very true, Amalie, about dogs, but you know I feel that way about all animals , our birds in the sky too, all are precious gifts from Our Lord for us to enjoy and protect. There surely is something wrong with a person who don't like animals, I always regard people without dogs, cats or birds a bit suspicious, then again, our house is a Zoo in its own right lol. Hugs you , have a wonderful holiday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. I agree Marianne, animals in general is a very important part of life! :-)

    ReplyDelete