Saturday, 1 December 2012

On vacation in Advent



For some days now, I have been in Germany. I am really enjoying The Christmas markets/ Die Weihnachtsmarkts here. The streets are wonderfully decorated, and the famous markets attract people from all parts of Germany and Scandinavia to cities like Lübeck. It is wonderful to look at all kinds of art work and also to bring some favourites home. 

I think it is great that neighbours can visit each other and appreciate what is unique for each country. We have more in common than what is different. Many of the  Norwegian Christmas traditions have their roots in Germany, so much feels very lovely and familiar.

I have shot many images and will post more later when I get home. To those who have missed comments to blogs and answers to mails..now you know why. 

See you later!



12 comments:

  1. How lucky you are, Amalie! Those markets are so nice that I would love to be now at one. Enjoy your time over there and .... goood shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a different vacation, never been abroad during winterthe before. ..and yes, there has been som good shopping! :-)

      Delete
  2. that is a very nice night shot with all the lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you..imagine the niced Christmas mood..

      Delete
  3. I did wonder where you had disappeared to . Happy Advent ! Today the 1st Sunday, time to light the candles. I love the Christmas Markets *sniff* now am home sick ......... chat to you when you get back, do enjoy and don't spend too much *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's time for the first candle :-) What a nice time Advent is!
      hmm..already spent much money, it's hard to avoid with so much beautiful art work available. See you!

      Delete
  4. I seem to remember you travelling last year as well. Enjoy your time away. I am looking forward to many great photo blogs when you return ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I've been to Germany numerous of times, and I like many things about this country. Art for example ;-)
    It's the first time I'm here during the winter season, though. Love it!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the German Weihnachts Markt. When my mom was still alive we would always hop over the border to have a look in a town nearby. Now with dad I don't do that - he's not the kind of man to like that, lol.
    I love Germany in general too, though. It's such a nice country to be in. I try to go there for a short vacation every year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely memories, Riete! I can well understand this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous Amalie...that would be a dream come true for me.
    Some of my heritage is German.
    Enjoy and take lots of photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was my dream too, and it was even more fantastic than I could imagine, Milli :-)

    ReplyDelete