Sky and hoar-frost meet
as when two lovers
suddenly meet on the way
and silver bells ring.
No one knows any more who came first.
~~Astrid Hjertenæs Andersen
I drove across this mountain 3 days ago, in the afternoon
as the day light was slowly fading. It was cold.
Very cold:
as the day light was slowly fading. It was cold.
Very cold:
- 32 °C / -25.6°F
But the light and the colours were amazing.
This is December in Norway.
But the light and the colours were amazing.
This is December in Norway.


Serene and so beautifully composed - the shades of blues too, just perfection Ms Amalie!! I sense a little trepidation as I imagine to drive in such conditions on such a wilderness. Nice too the imaginations reading your words!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Keith!
ReplyDeleteIt was an odd experience, and I was glad when we could leave the wilderness. Later we read that people were recommended not to cross the mountain under such circumstances. Fortunately things went well.
What a beautiful image to see! You are a brave lady driver, LOL! Thanks for your visit, Amalie!
ReplyDeleteDriving through one of the really big cities would scare me much more than this!
DeleteWhen we flew Norway, the crew usually speak "going north way". Just a humor at work.
ReplyDeleteYou handle the light very well in that weather condition.
The north way is also the meaning of the word Norway..It makes sense, doesn't it?
DeleteVery nice entry.
ReplyDeleteRemember, remember the cold of december. Beautiful shot. Lovely poem. Thanks for your comment.
ReplyDeleteMy Entry
Thank you! Great that this makes you sing!
Delete:) You're welcome, dear.
DeleteCold days and nights merely accentuate the warmth of the hearts around you ...
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful thing to say, Kennedy!
DeleteAn amazing sight for me Amalie...it could be a world away from my December here. Stunning in Every way.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteJust like your pink flower was for me..Our wourlds are so different :-)
DeleteHow beautiful! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteIn spite of the cold and the lack of real day light...beauty is easily found also during the harsh winters in Norway.
DeleteA wonderful picture, Amalie! You really are courageous... I don't know how I would react at -32°C (that's colder than in my freezer!) ... hibernate or answer the call of beauty...
ReplyDeleteA very nice quote too.
-32°C IS dangerous and I'm far from comfortable with it. It feels like an attack on your body. But it's much about preparing for the trip by having enough clothes, petrol and also a well working cellphone.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete