*Click on the image to enlarge it*
“A good
neighbor is a fellow who smiles at you over the back fence, but doesn't climb
over it”
~Arthur Baer
The rail fence above is hand made. Pine and spruce are used. I have always found this kind of fence much more beautiful than the modern ones.
The image is from my trip to a town called Røros, where I stayed at a guesthouse in the countryside. Welcome to see more images from that trip in my last blog Exotic :-)
The image is from my trip to a town called Røros, where I stayed at a guesthouse in the countryside. Welcome to see more images from that trip in my last blog Exotic :-)


Wonderful study in nature's beauty
ReplyDeleteIndeed they are a work of beauty. The pride that goes into the construction is something struly inspiring.
ReplyDeleteMy entry
WOOOOWWW this is fabulous picture with the words .
ReplyDeletehttp://ciralidream.blogspot.com/2013/02/images-words-199-unusual-structure.html
This fence is beautiful just like your photo.
ReplyDeleteI hate modern fences. I like the way snow glisens.
Very interesting and the words are perfect.
I am going to check out your blog exotic. Thanks
Hand made rail fences, how unique!
ReplyDeleteSo true, good neighbors always show respect.
Here is My: Unusual Structures
The fence is beautiful, but goodness, so much snow ... brrrr ...
ReplyDeleteTraditional craftsmanship at it's finest. Very good shot Amalie!! here is MY I&W ENTRY
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI try to make it easy .. but by the help to link the link ..I want to comment your beautifull fotp . super
DeleteMyEntry
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot, Amalie! I love the fence. Very unique!
ReplyDeleteFabulous Amalie. I am just playing catch up so popped in quickly. Missing my friends, but find Blogger so difficult and cold to interact in .............what to do? Thinking of starting a group that works on the same page as Picture This does. Just trying to think of what to call it and who would anyway be interested.
ReplyDeleteCold to interact in, yes, I agree with that. Online friends were so much "closer" on Multiply. I could be interested in such a group..but will you use Blogger?
DeleteI have no idea, I am just thinking out loud, Amalie. I am interacting more with people on Facebook at the moment. A lot of my ole Multiply friends are keeping in touch there.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeuatiful! Beautiful! So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI loved it too, Belita. This is from the farm where we stayed during the trip to Røros.
DeleteHi Amalie, It's a lovely fence...and I understand the notion of "good fences make good neighbors", but we're all family...
ReplyDeleteI wondered if this wasn't a snow fence...intended to keep the snow drifts off the road? Or was it for livestock; cattle or horses?
Thanks for sharing this and your other beautiful photographs of your vacation!
Hi Lee! Nice to see you here as well! This fence is a border between two farms. It also prevents unwanted visits of kettle.
DeleteAnd yes, we are family..but also family must respect the individual borders. This reminds me of a beutiful, wise poem by a Norwegian poet called Haldis Moren Vesaas, fortunately it is translated to English:
Words over the gate
You move towards my innermost gate
and I go toward yours, too.
Inside, each of us is lonely,
and shall always be that way.
Never push yourself too far
was the law that mattered to us.
Whether we met often or seldom,
the meeting was trust and peace.
If you aren't standing there one day when I come,
it will be easy to me to turn,
when I have stood a while and looked toward your house
and thought about you living there.
As long as I konw you will come now and then
like now, over crunchy gravel
and smile when you see me standing here,
I will have a home in my house.
Love it! And those hills.....that looks exactly like some landscapes around here. I guess if you've seen one glaciated range you've seen them all.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ien! Oh yes, images from Canada tell me of similar landscapes! But to me each view has its own beauty..always something new.
Delete