Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Images and Words Four Colours



Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, 
the soul is the piano with many strings. 
The artist is the hand that plays, 
touching one key or another, 
to cause vibrations in the soul. 
- Wassily Kandinsky




Welcome to Images & Words


11 comments:

  1. What a great quote, and a fabulous photograph to go with your theme.

    My piano teacher used to say that music is as natural as breathing ... the more you try to control it, the harder it is to catch a breath ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kennedy! Yes, this time it's coffee with Amalie, and the lime-green mug would have been for you. We would perhaps have talked about that book I'm currently reading: The Consequence of Silence by Linda Olsson. I have a weakness for Swedish authors..

      Delete
    2. And here I thought you had a weakness for Canadian writers ... ;o}

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coffecups. Love the lace table cloth and the addition of the glasses and the book. Wonderful quote.

    My entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anders! It's nice to see how different the participants are dealing with this theme, right? Thank you for your encouraging comment!

      Delete
  3. At last a flowerless entry (although I had flowers as well). Love your choice of subjectand the words. Kandinsky was also an inhabitant of Switzerland for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very tempted to shoot flowers too, but had a look around to find something else that made sense. Kandinsky must be an interesting man!

      Delete
  4. A very creative and simple entry, Amalie, reasons which make me like it very much. Very elegant coffee cups. These look much bigger than the ones we use in Portugal. Our coffee is strong and perhaps yours is not that so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't make myself posting blogs just to match a theme, it must make sense to me. Yes these mugs are big, and some prefer them like that. And you're right, the coffee which is most commonly used, is not strong, and has no sugar, no milk.

      Delete
  5. You've successfully expressed your own unique concept for this theme, no better quote than Kandinsky's color theory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie :-) that was exactly what I tried to do.

      Delete