Let me introduce my lovely little friend who stayed with us during Easter. On the picture above, she had just found her egg after hunting for it in the garden.
And now to another story:
"Are you having fun?" I asked,
knowing that her silence indicated that she was in her own, magical world.
"Yes, I'm just now sitting in a
crevasse!"
She didn't even smile..to her it was real and she was quite comfortable with it.
"Wow! That's really something! Did papa tell you about crevasses? He's a member of the glacial rescue team,
you know."
"No, it's not about that", she
replied.
"You remember the book, grandma? About the icebear and the dog? How
they helped each other?"
I remembered. We had read it numerous
times. A very sweet story about the wonders of friendliness.
“The real magic wand is the child's own
mind”
~Jose Ortega y Gasset, Spanish philosopher and
humanist.
So true. For we were quite far from
glaciers and crevasses, though we always can spot them from a distance. The
situation was like this:
I've spent hours resting on a chair or on
a sofa the last couple of weeks, due to the painful virus infection. She had
just made herself a cave between my back and the sofa's back. And voila! The
cave had become a crevasse. (A crevasse is a deep crack in
an ice sheet or glacier, and not a place any of us would like to be.)
The magic wand tends to disappear as people
grow elder. Lucky are those of us who still remember and appreciate the magical
world from our childhood...and from time to time, still have access to it.


I still have my magical wand ... and it still works too ... ;o}
ReplyDeleteI know! Noticed long ago :-)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Amalie, for posting such a wonderful blog that is nicely illustrated. I agree with your last words. I keep my magic wand in my soul... whenever I pick it up, it takes me on a long trip back to my younger age and I feel so happy...
ReplyDeleteYes, Belita, you surely have the magic wand! Thank you for a wonderful comment!
ReplyDelete