“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” — Jawaharal Nehru
My last trip was a week in November/ December 2012 to Germany. I had always wanted to visit a German Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market), and at last I had the opportunity. Lübeck was our main destination, and we were surely not disappointed. The old city was beautifully decorated, it was quite magical. What was even more attrative to me, was the fantastic work of the best artists from Germany and Scandinavia. In short: A wonderful experience!


Love the lighting and thed jolly crowd. Terrific and very befitting words. Thanks for your comment on mine.
ReplyDeleteMy entry
Beautiful capture of the atmosphere of a Christmas market...
ReplyDeleteLübeck must be a wonderful town (memories of Buddenbrooks). Must be one of the best places for a Christmas market.
ReplyDeleteOh! I loved those German Christmas market! so much to see to appreciate!
ReplyDeleteI visited the one in Munich Airport. :)
Yes, I am Sophie from Multiply, I am very happy meeting old friends here on blogger.
Thank you, Amalie
I would very much like to see this place for myself one day. Lovely photo, and a good choice of quote. Here is MY I&W LINK
ReplyDeleteI also had the same wonderful experience once. Thank you for reminidng my memories.
ReplyDeleteWell matched entry .
http://ciralidream.blogspot.com/2013/01/picture-words-picture-from-my-travel.html
There are many Christmas market in central Europe, but it seems that the ones in Germany are most attractive.
ReplyDeleteYou did captured that environment nicely.
My: I & W Travels
I can see why you would want to visit it. It's lovely...
ReplyDeleteYou captured the event perfectly. How beautiful the lights are.
ReplyDeleteGermany has a wonderful appeal.
Your words are so true.
I am glad you had the chance to travel there.
great photo and words!
ReplyDeleteI and W travels
Looks wonderful ... and so great to get away ...
ReplyDeleteYou have made me want to visit these Christmas markets Amalie.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you chose this photo.
Your quote really does express perfectly your photo and the story behind it.