Sunday, 10 March 2013

Images and Words Week 201 ~ Stairs ~



If these Stairs could talk...


18 comments:

  1. Indeed what tales could they tell.

    Wonderful wintershot.

    My entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) It's still winter, you know. Though soon Miss spring is here!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful, Amalie ... you're definitely getting comfortable with that new camera ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nikon D3s is truly an amazing tool, and I love to see the resuls after shooting and experimenting.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:02 pm

    something about this photo that is truly a fantastic shot!

    if they could talk...I hope they would say something like"When you tread on me...do it with a smile!"

    luv you presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to make it as if we were looking into the past..

      Delete
  4. I've been looking and looking at this wonderful photo, Amalie! If they could talk, I would not like to miss any of the words heard from them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many stories would be told..about how life was and still is. I think the basic things are always the same, regardless of time and place. Thank you for this comment, Belita.

      Delete
  5. Lovely angle on the Norwegian stairs with the snow - love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amalie I just sit here full of wonder at your scene.
    Amazing contrast to my photo and season here.
    Actually I just adore your photo and it is so worthy of praise. Well Done!!!!
    The quote is...Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed the almost extreme difference too, Milli, as I often do with our images. Thank you so much for your warm words!

      Delete
  7. Nice editing for this shot, it does feel like I am stepping into the past...
    I would love to listen to the stairs' talking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly my intention with this image, Sopie! So nice that it communicates :-)

      Delete
  8. just popping past to catch up .............. I love this photograph, very intriguing, where is it taken? Up the stairs to a store or shop selling antiques or on the way in to a barn or something, I am totally entranced by the mystery of this capture. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei Marianne! How nice that you liked this too, I know you do prefer the warm seasons. This image shows an entrance to an outdoor cafe (!) and a small outdoor market. If you go to a blog I wrote a few weeks ago, it will explain everything: http://amalievonbergen.blogspot.no/2013/02/exotic.html

      Delete
  9. I wisg they could and I would hear .
    Thanks for your visit to mine . Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete